SAVE THE DATE!!! Click here to look ahead to upcoming festivals and events!
Need coupons for Beanies, Brew City Gear, Brookfield Suites, ComedySportz, Olive 'n Vinnies Market, Milwaukee Food Tours, the Pabst Mansion, and many more - click here.
CONNECT WITH US
Although old man winter refuses to cooperate, Metro Milwaukee definitely is anticipating spring and summer this month:
• The Greater Milwaukee Golf Show fills the Expo Center at Wisconsin State Fair Park with exhibits, instructors and even an indoor sand trap in preparation for balmier days.
• Annual St. Patrick's celebrations start with a parade during the weekend "before" and end with a celebration of "the day" in pubs that are Irish themed, as well as many that "don the green" just for the holiday.
• Thousands of college basketball fans descend on Milwaukee as the second and third rounds of the NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament (better known as March Madness) returns to the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
• Floral arrangements are inspired by great art at the popular Art in Bloom event at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
• And for the first time in franchise history, the Milwaukee Brewers begin their home season in March, with the retractable roof of Miller Park ensuring a complete game in any weather.
These are just five of the many March opportunities in our Special Events and Arts & Entertainment listings. You can also watch the Milwaukee Wave compete for a seventh national indoor soccer championship. Or you can enjoy an evening at one of the Milwaukee area's many fine restaurants. New in our dining section this month are the Milwaukee Beer Bistro, featuring beer-infused cooking, and Kabana Grill, with cuisine from India and Pakistan.
Please be aware that an extensive freeway improvement effort has expanded from I-94 south of Milwaukee (51% complete) to major improvements to the Hoan Bridge on Milwaukee’s lakefront and I-794. Construction also is underway at the Zoo Interchange on the west side, where I-94 west crosses I-894/U.S. 45. For the latest on lane closures and detours, follow the Hoan Bridge project on Twitter @WIHoanBridge and the Zoo Interchange work @WIZooIC. Naturally, you can follow us @MilwaukeeKeyMag and we'll pass on pertinent information promptly. We have more than 9,000 Twitter followers, and are committed to posting information on multi-year projects like these, which impact travel in the metro area.
Chez Jacques brings France to South First St.
KEY Milwaukee magazine has served visitors for nearly 50 years. Today, KEY is the metro area's only monthly visitor guide and KeyMilwaukee.com is the website preferred by travelers planning trips here. Be sure to pick up a copy of KEY Milwaukee at visitor centers, Mitchell International Airport or wherever you are staying in the seven-county metro area. If you have any questions prior to your visit, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (414) 732-7320.
KEY Milwaukee also is proud to be affiliated with Key Magazines, an growing group of independently owned travel guides and websites serving travelers from coast to coast. Visit keymagazine.com when planning your next leisure or business trip.
KEY MILWAUKEE... The Travelers' Guide to Milwaukee & Southeastern Wisconsin
Copyright 2000-2013 Key Milwaukee Magazine, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part may be reproduced without written permission.
KEY Milwaukee is distributed monthly in hotels, motels, visitor's centers, corporations and retail stores in Southeastern Wisconsin and on the Internet at www.keymilwaukee.com. It is a KEY Magazine, licensed by KEY Magazines, Inc.
KEY Milwaukee makes every effort to maintain the accuracy of the information provided in the monthly magazine and website, but assumes no responsibility for errors, changes and omissions.
Website design, maintenance and hosting by
... when it's time to establish an Internet presence.